Friday, February 22, 2013

Some more around town pictures

This week I had my first doctor appointment off campus adventure. I knew the building I had to go to and I had what I thought were my forms all ready. I was so proud of myself when I found the building and the doctor's office, since I get lost going anywhere.  But, the lady at the desk told me to go to the HIP building  for a form and then gave me the directions in Arabic.  All I got out of it was across the street and parking.  Being the genuis that I am I figured parking meant a parking lot. So, I went into the underground parking lot across the street and looked around. A man that was guarding/sitting watching tv the parking lot told me to go around the building to the next parking. I walked all through that building and found nothing. Then I ended up on the wrong side of the building and had to guess which way to turn and direction to go. Thankfully I picked the right way and ended up back the orginial doctors office. There was a parking lot on the far side of that building so I tried there.  That guard told me to go to another parking.  I found another parking lot and asked there, that guard understood no English, so I kept walking.  I finally found one last parking lot and the building.  Hooray.  I went inside the building to get my form stamped. Why you have to get your form stamped first I will never understand, anyways, we were supposed to take a number and wait, but this is Lebanon and taking a number means nothing, so I got cut out of line by two men. Finally, the guy behind the counter called directly to me.  I did not have the right id so I got sent to another desk. In the end we realized I had a form with the wrong insurance on it and I did not ever need to go to that building in the first place..haha..ridiculous. Sometimes, I really miss the ease of everyone talking the same language and knowing what is happening around me.  I am still after 5 months here, surprised when I can't speak to anyone that I want to in English.  How that is possible, I don't know but there seems to be an assumption in me that English has taken over the world, which is partly true, but not as true as I need it to me at times.  Thankfully, I really liked the doctor and I have to go back to her next week for another mole removal.  I had made it almost 2 years without having one taken off, but I figured it couldn't last forever. So, everyone remember your sunscreen, its not worth it! On, a second note the medical profession is much better than I assumed it would be. I don't know why I had the idea that it would be all backdoor, dirty needle doctors, but I happy to say I was totally wrong and am fully confident in being taken care of here when needed.

Tomorrow we are going to the Music Hall downtown, it is a big club, but its not a typical club. There is a main stage and throughout the night different music acts from all genres play for about 15 minutes and then there is drinking and dancing, I am super excited. Every local I have talked to loves it and highly recommends it. I will have pictures soon.

Here are some more pictures from around town.

 This is the outside and inside of our favorite coffee shop.



 The bathroom at the coffee shop. A friendly reminder not to flush.
In the far back corner of this area is a restaurant we really like with outdoor seating and cheap, delicious food. Its call Taa Marbouta.

No comments:

Post a Comment