Thursday, February 7, 2013

REALIZATION!

I had a realization walking to school today! I also had one while writing this blog, that I am getting a little carried away with my blog writing!

However, my realization was that a year ago this month, Michael and I went to the job fair that pretty much, without being super dramatic changed Michael and I's lives.  There have definitely been about 101 second thoughts, and more than a few tears of I wanna go home (from Michael of course, I never cry =) ) but overall I think we will never regret this decision to uproot and move to Beirut.  What an experience and what a story to tell. I have always wanted the better story in a situation, for example, "hello new person, tell me about yourself." "ok, well I lived in Europe for few years." ME: "oh really, thats cool, I lived for 2 years in B-E-I-R-U-T, have you heard of it?" BAM! I win.  The only person who can beat me on that front is a Syrian, parts of Africa, and parts of Russia. I think there might be a handful of others, but I am unlikely to run into them! Obviously, this experience has turned me into a better person and much less outspoken!

My other realization is HOLY CRAP I live in Beirut. I was walking to school today and its so weird that I would live in the Middle East and at times forget that I live in the Middle East, it seems like a pretty big thing to forget..=) Especially with camels walking down the street and people with machine guns around several corners (the first thing is not true, the machine guns definitely true) I would love to share pictures but then I would not be writing this blog post unless they have internet in jail.

My final realization, that I forgot and then re-realized, is that I have not been in a car for almost a month.  I have not driven in about 6 months but I have not even sat in one for almost a month. CRAZY! and I don't miss it too much, I do miss the convenience of a car, but the streets with no signs and horrible traffic make it better to not have a car. But, it is still very weird to think about.

As a closing, all I can say right now around the year mark is that this has been one whirlwind of a year. All good more than bad which I will always be thankful for, but wow love and Michael make me do some crazy Shiznit!

               Which one of these pictures do you think is safer? And I am not referring to the knife he is cutting with but the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment