Monday, January 7, 2013

Paris and other stuff

Since, this is happening at this moment I am going to start with it. I have decided as you know, to start working towards my General Education endorsement and the only class I could sign up for (for a lot of annoying reasons) is Introduction to Economics. I was reading through the syllabus today and am already kind of regretting my decision. I have completely forgotten how to read assigned chapters and take quizzes. Then I read that the final exam is in-person.  That makes things tough, since I lied and said I still live in Portland, but yet I have to take the test or hopefully take the test in Beirut. Wow, lying never does pay off, although it saved me a ton of money...=)  We will see how this goes. Hopefully, the American University of Beirut can help me out. Oh yea, I also need a TI-83. WOW WOW WOW, did I never ever ever think I would say those words again.  Lindsay Arceo I don't know how you did this and had a baby!!!!!

Anyways,  on to Paris.

Before going to Paris, I scoffed a little at the Most Romantic City in the World talk. Mostly because lovey, dovey stuff kind freaks me out..=)  I am not great at the whole look in eyes lovingly and quietly while picnicking with fountains running and doves swimming. Thankfully, it was too cold for doves, fountains, or picnics. However, by the end of about 3 days I was a changed woman. I fell in love with Paris, just like most people, I would assume.  I could actually visualize myself sitting by a fountain with a bottle of wine and not talking, me not talking, who have I become.  A Paris convert that's who!  It is an amazing city with sooo many things to see and a little bit for everyone.  I only wish I had eaten more French Onion or just Onion soup!  I already want to go back with just Michael and be that couple from the movies! Ecspecially the ones that ride bikes and laugh hysterically with their legs sticking out and a basket on the front carrying lunch! Oh, Paris you got me! haha
Here are some pictures to encourage you to get gotten( i know thats not right) by Paris.
I was also amazing to get to spend a whole week with my family. I LOVED IT. It was hard to say good-bye but seeing them is always worth it.

 We put a lock on the bridge for continued luck in love! Its looking right at the Eiffel Tower! 7-22-11
 Hanging out in our cute neighborhood!

 There she is!
 The Top of the Eiffel Tower.  It was a long wait but worth it!
 Ashley and I doing the European picture pose in front of the Louvre...Amaazing!


Bottom line I had the best two weeks ever!
Now to start planning February and March!!!

I am glad to be back to a bit of a schedule and all the honking horns! I feel a little lost without all the noise.

This week our school is closed for two days for weather.  It has been down pouring off and on for 2 days now and there are no sewers in the street here, another great beirutian plan!! So, roads are even more dangerous than before.  Cars are actually washing away! I really like how Beirut put in white lanes for traffic which absolutely no one follows but then did not put in anywhere for the water to run. Crazytown. I am not sure why I keep getting surprised by things here!


No comments:

Post a Comment