Monday, December 3, 2012

Quick One!

I got my first Lebanese haircut this week. I was nervous to go on my own, some people's hair here leaves something to be desired.  A lot of Platinum blondes and big waves. So, I had my friend Carla from school who is Lebanese call ahead and tell them in Arabic what I wanted.
So, I went to her hair place and first I got taken downstairs and then Carla told me that a Lebanese lady with the platinum blond was not happy that I was taken down first and Carla got an arguement for me, about how I made a reservation. So, she is a good friend to have..=)

Then who I thought was the hairstylist came and we again went over what I wanted. He putted to a blonde streak in my hair and said you want it this color? Yes! Perfect.

Then the real hairstylist came down and got to work.  Everything seemed to be what I was used to from the States so I was feeling at ease.  Then the Platinum blonde lady from before came down to get her hair done. She needed her roots to not be pitch black..=).. She was obviously curious about what I was having done because I kept hearing her and the hairstylist say highlights/lowlights. However, that is all I could understand and it was unsettling when they all laughed together. So, I decided I should call Michael and speak in Spanish, even if I am not using the right words because it is unfair that they can understand me in English and I can't understand anything.  Pretty mature, I think!

So, long story short. As the hairstylist was cutting my hair, he said I am going to cut away the blonde, its too much and it doesn't look good with your face.  First of all, excuse me! Second of all, weren't you supposed to be making my hair blonde, and if you are cutting it away, then I am either going to be bald or we failed to communicate appropriately.

I said "if not blonde what color did you make my hair, his response was the lightest shade of honey." What?? No one knows what shade that is.  So, I gritted my teeth and got very lucky. It does look great. I just think that this is really funny story. I might be the only one though, I also wanted it in my blog because this is also like a memory log for me.

IF you made this far, here are some pictures of our night out on Saturday


 Arabic Karaoke in case you were curious and one day thought to yourself..hmm I wonder what Karaoke sounds like in Arabic
 The sexy video pictures that go with French Karaoke songs!


No comments:

Post a Comment