Sunday, August 26, 2012

The airport

August 26th, 2012

Michael and I are at the airport a mere hour and a half away from taking our flight.  We upgraded our seats to business class and I feel like I am on a 2nd honeymoon. I told Michael while we are in the business lounge we can only refer to each other as "darling" because it is what the rich people do in movies.  Obviously, as teachers people would expect us to know the ways of the "richies" in the world but shockingly I am a bit rusty.

I am so overwhelmed with emotions. I get to start a new adventure with my best friend and I get to see two foreign countries in a matter of a week.  How lucky am I!!  I have done no research on Rome (much to my sisters amazement) and so when I step off the plane I will be completely rested (because of business class/I can't say that enough because it is the only time I will ever be able to say it) and I will be totally unprepared for what I will get to see. I hope making everything all the more impressive and amazing.

Well I am going to go back to my free wine drinking and imagining what the next week holds for us!

Thank you to my family and friends for all the love and support throughout the last few months!

Thank you extra to my family for taking me in for a month and loving me unconditionally.  I am a very lucky girl and could not ask for more right now.

It is weird to want to cry, smile, laugh, and jump for joy all at the same time.  Wow what a day!!

1 comment:

  1. Milk that business class! And remember... when in Rome, do as the Romans do. :)

    ReplyDelete